Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday's Whatcha Upto's....

Well, it has been a few days since my LAST posting, but I have been soooo busy, again! I am planning so many projects, and today I will share a few of the things that I have been up to, or should I say, DH and I have been busy!
First there's this project...I picked it, and he hung it....whatcha think???



Then I asked my Electrician (DH) to take this one down....I had plans for this, which he didn't like....oops...too bad!


I took it outside and did THIS to it....



And here it is in a Halfway Mess....gotta get that whole look pulled together...but for now, it is up and I can have ambiance once again...I loves the new drippy looking sleeves on here...LOL!


We also found THIS one for the Main Bath...and NO...the walls are NOT that bright! They are the color of the poor dirty snowbear's scarf...but that is all about to change. In the near future, I am painting and redoing this bath cuz I got sucked into the Spa Blues Theme, and I am working on collecting stuff for that ReDo...goodbye Snowman Theme!!! Hello Spa Theme! LOL!


And here is what happens when you ASK an Electrician about replacing some OTHER "lectric" thingies....

He electrifies me, but I decorate his life! I just don't understand WHY he has such a problem doing these things for me...they get done to everyone ELSE's businesses and homes, every single day...he eats, breathes, sleeps electrical, so WHY do I get such looks when I say things like....Honey, we need to get better lights. Honey, we need to upgrade....Honey, I need a new look....Honey....can ya, will ya, would ya, huh?! I just love Electricians....they can be sooooo shockingly moody! HeHeHe

As for OTHER things....remember that tree in the "bottom"??? The Purple Leaf Plum that was beautiful for only TWO DAYS??? The one that we whacked to heck and back and took the height down about 5 feet??? Here...look and remember...


Here it is as of this week....see that???
See how it is TALLER than the edge of the house, AGAIN???!!!

I tell ya, this rain...I won't complain, but it is killing my body these days...I weed, whack & whine all week, every week! But hey...I gotta admit, this is just beautiful this year...OH! Look at the FENCE, too!!! Before veggies and NOW veggies...we have beans, cucumbers, punkins, squash, and carrots, and a few other things....what a difference, right???
Here are some MORE VeggieTales....Punkins first...

Cherry Tomatoes....mmmmm, these are a great snack in the afternoon!!!


Greenie Beenies....we've picked two bunches of these so far and they're still coming!


Oh, the Peppers!!! Can't wait till they get bigger!!! They are loaded down, and one had to be tested! It was soooooo juicy!


We even have some Sunny Flowers! These are wild ones...we didn't plant these, but the birds must have needed to plant some this year....so far we have about 5 plants that are just now blooming and the birds are squawking about the upcoming Buffet!


Along with the veggies, there has been a LOT of work going on around here, to add to the Curb Appeal of our home...if you have been following the progression of this blog, you know about how all the flower beds have been under attack....and this is STILL going on....with the shade/sun differences, I have had to do a LOT of moving around of things that are not progressing, and we added another bed...like I need one MORE, right!?!?
Well, it looks better now....Here is the BEFORE....we used to grow veggies in the white planters, but with all the shade now, there isn't a lot of use to keep it there.....so away they went...
Before...

Amd NOW we have added these shrubs and some more Impatiens to this new bed!!! What a nice thing to see...


And I have been spending some time this week, cutting back all the flowering stuff, like the front flower boxes, and planters replanted with other things since they weren't doing well either...
This is just ONE of two front Window Hayracks....they have had their own miseries...I was waiting for someone to visit, but since they can't, I whacked the heck out of these two and have been fertiziling them, along with some other things that are starting to yellow out and grow spindly....time to whack and wean....LOL


This is Portulaca...planted in rememberance of my Father....he LOVED Portulaca, and I love the odd little boogers too! They have some amazing colors now, and mixed with this bright purple Lobelia, it is an eyecatcher, indeed....Here's to you, Dad....


Oh.....and how my Lavender is loving me....although this Spring, I butchered it beyond belief!
I had not had the opportunity to take proper care of it last fall, and I thought for sure I would have killed this plant...but alas...look at it here!!! Full, and Beautiful.....You go Girl!



Ahhhh...here is what greets you on the OTHER side of the sidewalk....Now this guy's addictive smile makes EVERYONE SMILE when they see him....he is at the VERY beginning of the sidewalk, but I tell ya, he has a SINISTER SIDE....you may not see it, but I HEAR HIM...he laughs at me....he sees me trying to pull weeds, and I sit down or bend over for long periods of time to do such weeding...somehow, he is ALWAYS LAUGHING at me...I hear him, I tell ya, I hear him.....I'm glad his lips are falling off!!! LOL!


The next two pics speak for themselves....with the help of Irfanview...LOL!


Other view....


Every ONCE in awhile, I get to ride THIS....I need a good basket, so I can carry Poocher in it....
This is a JAGUAR by Schwinn...it is the only affordable JAGUAR I will ever be able to afford!



I like to see how everyone else decorates their mantles, and here is MY version....whatcha think???


Last, but NOT least....here is the Guardian at my front door....he ALSO is a somewhat SINISTER Snickerer.....He always has the LAST LAUGH when I am hauling my poor broken, sore & sweaty body inside, for a long, long break! But hey...at least I can get my butt off the "can"....he's forever stuck on one!!! Oh my....I think I am getting tired here....I should can it!!! Possibly, put a LID ON IT....oh boy.... HEHEHEHEHE!!!







avatar

No comments: